VeaMea, a leader in secure video conferencing, has been an advocate for implementation of telehealth technologies to reduce costs and improve patient care.
While there are many ways to help make our health care system more effecient and effective, video conferencing and collaboration software for telehealth are particularly well suited to a number of key drivers of cost and quality:
- Reaching the underserved while preserving quality of life and efficiency of practitioners
- Bringing the most qualified doctors to the patients who need them through focused application of information technology
- Giving medical students, and health care professionals pursuing continuing education, access to the best doctors and training tools
- Building best practices such as check-lists and workflow reminders into consultations
- Recording and archiving for patient information, effective discharge planning and compliance
The Department of Health and Human Services, through its HealthCare.gov portal recently launched the Partnership for Patients
Partnership for Patients' goal is to reduce costs and improve quality in healthcare. What's not to like ? We took the pledge and joined, will you ?
The program has ambitious goals to reduce cost and improve quality. On a related note, there will be a variety of demonstration projects funded through the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) to identify processes and technologies that can help bend the healthcare cost curve down as patients transition from one care setting to another. Click here for more information about the CMMI Grant Program.